Axios is looking for an ambitious reporter to cover the politics and business of cybersecurity. This beat has far-reaching implications for policymakers, business executives, and consumers. Everyday anxiety grows about the rise of data breaches, foreign influence over our communications networks, how personal data is used and how technology is being leveraged to prevent the ever-changing threat landscape.
We want a reporter who understands the challenges on the surface and the dynamics and players behind the scenes. This person would cover news across the verticals Axios covers, including technology, healthcare, energy, business, future of work, media and politics, because cybersecurity issues impact all of these areas.
- Understand the challenges and dynamics of cybersecurity and be able to cover news across all verticals at Axios including technology, healthcare, energy, business etc.
- Demonstrated interest in news and the evolution of the media industry
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure news environments
- Demonstrated experience working in the cybersecurity industry
- At least 4 years of experience in reporting, writing, or editing
- Experience with beat reporting and column/newsletter writing
- Familiarity or comfort in working with multiple teams
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/axios/jobs/871334#.WilJ_7Q-f-Y →